Let’s face it, the moving process is never easy. After all, no one looks forward to packing all the stuff they own and lifting heavy boxes in and out of trucks, up and downstairs, without the help of professional local packers and movers. Moving always requires a lot of time being spent on organization, preparation, packing everything, and not to mention the move itself. Most of the time, planning a move by yourself or with someone experienced like professional packers and movers can make difficult things out of the process. From the start of planning a move, all the way to the finish, it can take weeks, even months to plan a steady, smooth move. Time is an essential asset for everyone, that is why knowing how to save time for a move is the most important asset of the business. Even if you are moving just across the town, proper planning is vital to ensure a smooth moving day. So, moving day doesn’t have to be completely chaotic, either. When you’re planning your moving day, you just need to try to keep it as stress-free as possible.
To make the move more organized, you can always make a list of the tasks you need to accomplish, with or without the help of local packers and movers. You can make a daily list, weekly, monthly lists, etc. Prioritize what is most important to you and keep that at the top. You can also mark how long your estimated time to completion is, and depending on the time of day when it can be accomplished. After completing your planning and notes, you can decide on what you will want to move and what you should get rid of. Most of the time, it is best not to take everything with you. This presents a good time to have a garage sale, donate to an organization, such as a church or center, and give items away to family and friends, or people in need.
Many people consider hiring professional packers and movers who can assist them in packing, lifting, and transiting valuable household items without causing any damage. However, many of them hire professional cheap movers near me only for moving service and do the packing chore on their own to save those extra dollars. If you are thinking about packing by yourself, we would advise you to think twice. We know that some of you might think packing up all your belongings, getting them into the rental truck, and moving them safely to your new home or office might be something you can easily accomplish yourself with the help of some good friends and neighbors. However, that’s not the case, the moving process is much more complicated than that.
There are a lot of things on our mind when moving to another part of the city, but the most important one is definitely- whether to hire professional packers and movers or to pack on your own. In this blog, we will try to make this dilemma as simple as possible for you. We are not gonna lie, both self-packing and packing by professional packers and movers have their pros and cons, so it’s up to you to decide what’s the better option for your upcoming local move.
- If we are talking about doing it yourself and not hiring professional packers and movers, we must admit that self-packing avoids inflated packing material prices and the hourly rate. Pack your own and have cheap movers near me ship your stuff to your new home for a fraction of a full-service rate. In that case, you must be aware that most companies don’t guarantee the safety of any items they don’t pack themselves. So, if you don’t pack them as real professional movers, there will probably be some damages but not insurance. And, as you probably know, packing requires proper techniques, professional skills, and the right materials for the safety of your belongings. Of course, you can pack your belongings after reading online guides and packing tips, but still, there is a chance of losing items because you don’t have any experience. And, if you’re doing your own packing, we recommend starting about a month before your upcoming move. Pack stuff you won’t need during that last week to give yourself a head start. If you’re hiring professional packers and movers, they’ll most likely be scheduled to arrive the day before your move. But don’t worry, they’re quick.
- Anyone who’s ever moved knows how slow and tedious packing up a home, office, or storage can be. Items needed for packing include cardboard boxes, plastic bins, plastic wrap, moving blankets, packing tape, labels, and other various moving supplies and equipment-everything that professional packers and movers already own. Of course, the more there is to pack, the longer the packing process will take. Packing yourself up will mean setting a packing schedule and using the utmost caution when boxing up fragile glassware, valuable items, and other belongings that are prone to breaking. Choosing to self-pack can save you money, but will require extra time, effort, and a lot of hard preparation. You will be in charge of buying packing and moving supplies (like boxes, packing paper, tape, etc.), renting a moving truck, and enlisting help with heavy lifting. If you think better, by buying all this stuff, you won’t even save that much money as you have expected.
- Believe it or not, some furniture needs to be disassembled so that you can pack and move them easily. This requires proper skills with the necessary tools. Plus, there are the right ways to wrap your heavy items using pads and blankets. If you don’t do it properly, then it could cause damage to the furniture. That’s why it is always good to hire professional packers and movers for such complicated chores. Our packers and movers are professional local movers who know how to handle packing like a pro.
- If you don’t have too many belongings to move, the situation is quite easy and simple. You will probably be able to manage the relocation by yourself or with a help of a few friends or neighbors. Yet, if you have too many heavy items such as furniture, big electronic devices, etc that’s a different story. You will surely be going to need help from the best local movers out here- Oakland Movers.
On the other hand, a full packing service is an option for you if you’re in a hurry but you are ready to prepare some extra money. Or if you just want to let professional packers and movers do their job and make this experience completely stress-free for you. The important thing is to make a decision that’ll best suit your needs when it comes to the packing method. So, if you decide to go with professional packers and cheap movers near me, you need to keep in mind that there are lots of options available, from packing your entire household to packing selected things only. If cost is not an issue, then consider hiring professional movers for both packing and unpacking. Many services provide everything from packing up your household to unpacking and setting up your new home, but our professional packers and movers are the best local movers in town.
- Full packing service means that you basically do nothing until the day of your move. On that day, local packers and movers will arrive and pack, load, and deliver everything you have. You can include an unpacking service as well. This option is more expensive for two reasons- first is that you are paying for the packing materials, the second is that it takes longer so you are charged more for the labor. But, you need to be aware that professional packers and movers can usually pack everything in a single day in most cases. In addition to taking less time, the added bonus is that you will not have to pack things away weeks in advance as you would if you were packing everything yourself. You can live comfortably with all your home essentials at your disposal right up until the day the packers and movers come to pack everything up. With the many things that need to get done when you are planning for a move, this can be a huge advantage. When you hire full-service packers and movers, they take care of everything – from packing all of your belongings and loading them onto the truck to driving them to your new location and unloading your shipment. They will even disassemble and reassemble your furniture. You don’t even have to lift a finger.
- While it’s not exactly heavy lifting, the biggest time-suck in relocation is exactly the process of packing the small stuff into the boxes. If you’re in a rush or just have a few items you want to be handled with special care, hiring professional local movers to pack your smaller items into boxes or reusable containers can be a great way to save time and ensure that your belongings are well-protected and ready for transit. Whether you choose to hire professional movers to pack all of your items, or just a few, you’ll find that with the hours you gain back, it’s money well-spent.
- In between, you have the option of the local packers and movers packing just selective items, like breakable or electronics. In that case, the basic charges usually apply, and you are only paying extra for the selective packing. You also have the option to choose just local movers and to pack by yourself, but this is the option we wouldn’t recommend because, as we have already mentioned above, the packing process is the most difficult one. Also, you can hire our professional packers and movers just for the packing process, in that case, loading and moving are on you. They will wrap up everything with specialized moving blankets and plastic wrap, and hanging clothes will be placed in wardrobe boxes. You will be in charge of transferring everything to your new home.
- If you have your own truck, or you are borrowing it from a friend, you can choose a labor-only moving option. Our professional packers and movers with a truck will come at the arranged time and they will pack, load, unload, and unpack everything you have already packed. We must say that at Oakland Movers trucks are well-maintained and cleaned after every move. And if we are talking about our drivers, they are trained and experienced professionals.
To conclude, when moving there is so much to do that hiring professional packers and movers must be the right way to go. Home relocation is a time-consuming process because you also have to prepare your new property, transfer the utilities, change the address, and find a new school for your kids. This makes the entire packing process a laborious burden for those who have tight schedules. Why waste your time on self-packing when you have so many more important things to do? This might look like self-promotion but when we say that we offer a hassle-free packing and moving experience then we mean it. Our professional packers and movers are trained in the art of packing a moving box. Our professional movers will typically walk through the home with the customer before the packing begins in order to assess what does and does not need to be included in the packing process. This allows them to not only get a very accurate estimate of the cost of the move in general but also helps them and you identify items that may need extra care or special packing methods to best ensure they are transported safely. Once the packing starts, our packers and movers will assemble all moving boxes and carefully box up belongings throughout the home. Almost all of our relocations are 100% damage-free, come with zero delays, and are controlled by a dedicated move manager. Even if something accidentally happens to one of your items, basic coverage insurance is included. So at least when it comes to the moving of your households, offices, or storages, Oakland Movers have got you covered from that stress. Just get your free moving quote today!